I have my weekend on Friday and Saturday, so when the daily post notices, “happy weekend warriors!”, I am on the start zone of my weekdays 🙂 anyway, I tried to make a new introduction of me to my friends, a chef! I am not a good one, my mom cooks the meals, I am just an occasional one 🙂
Here, I thought you too show you a recipe, a very spicy one, of my country. Chana, ghugni, chotpoti, fuchka, velpuri, panipuri, all these Indian and Bangladeshi names has one thing common, lets show it to you 🙂 Its my first writing on cooking, so just watch it!
1. Chop onions, green chillies, tomatoes (optional), ginger, garlic finely. you can use ginger and garlic as paste as well.
2. Boil chickpeas, green peas or any kind of peas you want (Let me tell, this a recipe of “IMPROVIZATION”, you can add any ingredient you want 😀 use salt (some use pepper also) when boiling, that will make them boiled easily, and the masala will easily soak. drain them well.
3. Smash the boiled peas, but don’t make paste of it. I used wooden grinder, you can use blender. you also can smash them during cooking, or not at all 😀
4. Pour oil on the pan. Onions, green chilli, tomatoes, ginger, garlic..mix them. After they mix well, tomatoes are soft, then add the peas
5. Pour all kind of masala in your kitchen 😀 . Salt, turmaric powder, coriander seed powder, cumin powder, dried mango powder, lemon rind and obviously “Chana powder” which you can buy from any indian shop!
5. Here comes the important part. The cooking of chana largely depends on the amount of masala, and how you mix them. Thats why, we all prefer roadside ones, than our own preps !
6. I used tomato sauce once, that is also nice
7. When the paste is thicky, pour coriander leaves, or persly. We eat quite spicy food, so I pour some green chillies also 😀
You can eat the chana masala with anything like bread, puffed rice, taco, paratha. Just squeeze a lemon on it, or make some chutney using tamarind, or coriander or yougert.. sweet, sour, spicy! as you wish!
I coudn’t even plated it, all were eating from the pan! above is a preparation of another day, with another kind of peas.
Cook it all! Happy weekend 😀